The role involves leading the mission-critical responsibility of ensuring that our complex, large-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
- Lead a team of SREs, ensuring that LeadSquared Services, APIs and Applications are stable, reliable, and well-documented
- Work closely with engineering managers and development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with scale and operability in mind
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues in production applications
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth
- Be available anytime for escalations affecting the platform; serve as the face of your team to other teams at LeadSquared
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Recruit, retain, and develop strong engineers
- 8+ years experience in a large-scale web operations role.
- Extensive operations experience with managing large-scale AWS deployments
- Experience supervising at least one technical employee (intern or engineer), or at least one year serving in a technical lead capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science)
- Previous experience making hiring decisions for technical teams
- Strong trouble-shooting skills that span systems, network, databases and code
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.