Listing your business on a listing site/lead generation website is a sure shot way to enhance online visibility and generate more leads. Apart from listing your business on social media networks like Facebook and Linkedin, it is also imperative you list your business on web search engines like Google Places, Yahoo Local and Bing.
After discussing 5 lead generation websites/local search engines and classified sites in India and UK, here we will discuss about top 5 sites in the US that marketers and small business owners can use to list their business and generate leads.
This listing site is probably the best place to find a local business in your vicinity. A marketer or a small business owner can use this site to add a business, highlight the listing with featured ads and increase their business reach.
How do you list your business on Yelp?
1. As a marketer or a small business owner, you can add your business for free on this site, post photos and details. This will help customers to find you easily when searching.
2. You can also opt for a paid ad to enhance the outlook of your ad. Ads will help your business feature on top of the search result; your business will also be placed on the business pages of nearby businesses in the similar category and it will remove any competitor ads from your business page.
3. Here are the details of advertising options on Yelp.
4. If ads do not suffice, you can also utilize Yelp Deals and Yelp gift certificates to spread the word about your business and generate leads. Deals are a great way to promote your business to new customers. As a marketer, you have to offer an attractive discount and a user can buy a voucher for that discount right from the site. Gift certificates are an opportunity for customers to give full-price certificates to friends and family who can then come and purchase at your business.
5. For any further query, do go through their FAQs.
No matter what you are searching for on the internet, your hunt is synonymous to one name – Yellowpages. Business listings, phone numbers, addresses, maps, driving directions…you name it, you get it on this online directory which boasts of over 100 million searches every month. Their motto is to help local businesses and communities grow.
How do you list your business on Yellowpages?
1. You can fill in this form for a free listing and be found on YP.com and the YPmobile app available on any mobile phone with an internet access.
2. If you are looking for a paid ad to leverage your product/business, you can opt for their Priority Placement Advertising plan. Another mode of advertising here is called YPclicks which is pay per click (PPC) marketing. Rates have not been mentioned and you need to get in touch with them for the same. Call them at 1-800-573-0059.
3. YP has tailor made services for small businesses to attract local customers, engage with the audience and reach mobile users.
4. As a small business owner/marketer, you can also list your business on Superpages.com, another similar classified/business listing site in US.
With a database of over 16 million business listings, Local.com, encompasses every zip code in the United States. A user can search for anything on this site, business hours, reviews, deals, events, activities and much more. When a user types in a keyword, Local.com uses a technology called the ‘Keyword DNA’ to determine any linked associations with the search and shows that as well.
How do you list your business on Local.com?
1. You can fill this form for a local listing for free.
2. If you want to opt for a paid advertisement, you can go for a premium business listing which will include your business logo, photos, search engine optimized business description, special offers and many more benefits.
3. You can also go for a display advertisement which will include one of the three – leaderboard (page), medium rectangle (web banner/banner ad) or skyscraper (tall banners).
4. Local.com also offers several online marketing solutions like exact match – placing the business on web search engines and banner ads – customized and engaging rich media display ad.
5. Prices have not been mentioned. For further queries, you can call them up on 800 984 4155.
6. You can also choose an all-inclusive package which they call ‘Launch’ to accelerate your online presence. This package will include websites, business listings, mobile apps, banner ads and social networking. This package will cost you $249 per month.
If you have a business that involves household chores like plumbing, roofing, doctors and dentists, you ought to list it on Angieslist. This business listing site also collects ratings and reviews from customers for over 720 different services to help other users who are searching for a particular service.
How do you list your business on Angieslist?
1. You can get your business listed on this site for free for an entire year. This will help you customize your profile, read and respond to reviews, enhance leads and get access to various business tools. Here is the list of services offered by AngiesList.
2. However, after a year of free listing, you can renew your membership (backed with 110% money back guarantee) at the regular monthly or annual price. In the link mentioned below, you can put in your area zip code and find out your membership fee.
3. You can also join this lead generation site for just one month and then discontinue services. For pricing details and further enquiries, you can call them up at 1-888-888-5478.
This classified site is truly business friendly and a great site for any small business to be listed on. As a marketer, you can not only get listed on this site, you can also network with other business owners/consumers in your area.
How do you list your business on Merchant Circle?
1. If you are running on a tight budget, advertising on Merchant Circle is easy and free. You can manage your reviews and ratings, create coupons and newsletters and connect with customers through a free ad.
2. You can also join the Merchant Circle network and opt for a paid ad for as less as $1 per day. This will help you create a customized ad and manage keywords.
3. Being a local marketer, you can also advertise your business in nearby cities for $5 a month, advertise on major online and mobile directories for $99 per month and create your own website for just $7 a month.
Apart from these sites, also do try Citysearch, ezlocal, localdatabase & YellowMoxie lead generation websites for your local business. Stay tuned for the top lead generation websites for local businesses in South Africa and Australia.
**Rates are taken from the respective websites at the time of writing this article. For latest pricing and offers please refer to the respective websites.**