Before the pandemic, the irrigation market in India was largely driven by government subsidies.
The supply chain process looked like this.
- Manufacturers like Automat supply components to government OEMs.
- Government OEMs assemble and distribute finished products.
- Farmers procured these products through government-controlled channels.
Recently, however, the government has taken deliberate steps to reduce subsidies in this industry. The market is undergoing a paradigm shift from a subsidy to a cash market. Consumers have now started purchasing from brands, and this trend is only going to increase.
Due to these external factors, Automat decided to transition from a B2B to a B2C business model. This transition meant a substantial increase in Lead Flux, which couldn’t be handled by Automat’s previous processes.
Currently, Automat generates 90% of its leads from
- B2B marketplaces like IndiaMART.
- Social media platforms like Facebook.
- Google Ads for international markets.
Automat primarily uses WhatsApp for lead nurturing and communicating with prospects.