In 2019, the founders of DotPe, Shailaz Nag, Gyanesh Sharma, and Anurag Gupta had the vision to digitalise SMBs. They wanted every small brick-and-mortar shop to get the right share of online business and, to an extent, be at par with the bigger retailers online. With this vision, they began to ideate DotPe, unaware that the pandemic in 2020 would bring them the right product-market fit.
During the lockdowns, small restaurants began to go out of business and people were terrified to leave their homes for even groceries.
At this point, DotPe became a great solution for the sellers and buyers. It helped small businesses create (and expand) their presence in the online e-commerce marketplace. DotPe provides templates for digital catalogues which is an alternative to building a website from scratch—an expensive affair for most small retailers. This template includes an editable and customisable menu of the store, add to cart option, digital checkout and payments, and an option to enable deliveries.
SMBs benefit by taking their businesses online with DotPe because this gets them more customers. They don’t lose their margins to giants like Amazon, and it’s a lot more convenient (and cheaper) than developing and maintaining their own website.
1. Lack of proper channels to engage with leads and manage conversations.
2. Managing employees and tracking their progress on excel sheets was hard which decreased sales efficiency.
3. Reaching out to all the customers and potential clients at every stage was complicated and follow-ups were missed
1. DotPe set up the right channels to collect lead information which increased leads by 30X.
2. With LeadSquared, all the data—the number of calls made, deals closed, and total talk time—became easy to track and monitor.
3. Onboarding LeadSquared, a CRM, which provides constant reminders and automated communication improved relationships with customers.
“When we didn’t have a CRM, I remember spending 2-3 hours every day just sending out about 200-250 emails to various customers. This was a tedious process which we’ve now automated with drip campaigns using LeadSquared,”
“LeadSquared has completely freed up my bandwidth for more productive tasks. I can now do deep work, plan for the future, build more products, and set the right processes in place without worrying about what’s happening in the background. LeadSquared tracks and updates me on all my team members and leads, and we can focus on scaling up and bringing new updates to DotPe.”
In just one year, DotPe has scaled tremendously. The team size, restaurant chains that they have onboarded, and the efficiency of their sales process—everything is up. DotPe focused on solving all their user’s problems and used LeadSquared to increase quality engagement with their leads which significantly contributed to their growth.